I'm not quite sure how it's happened, but I ended up working on 5 different WIPs this week! Only took photos of 4 of them, so I'll limit myself to talking about those.
I've finally gotten back to working on the eternal honey cowl. I really loved this when I started it, and would pick it up all the time, but recently it's turned into a real slog. I'm sure I'll love it once it's finished though, so I'm prodding onwards. Only another 30-40 rows to go now, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but with every row being 220 stitches in very splicey yarn, it still feels a long way away.
I'm about half-way through the blue, and then just have the final green to go :) I should probably just get stubborn and dedicate an evening to finish it off. But it's difficult when I have so many other WIPs I also want to work on ;)
One of those is the Facade Socks. I've finished the first one, which means I've completed the test, so I'm taking a bit of a break before casting on for the second one. Especially as I can't quite make up my mind whether to make them identical or fraternal twins.
I do love the first sock though, so I definitely want the full pair! I'll probably cast on once I've finished one or both of these two next projects.
Saturday I was going to Marie's birthday brunch. She lives quite far away, so that meant a 1+hr train ride each way. I probably should
have brought one of my already-in-progress-WIPs, but instead I decided to make headway on the cowl I'd promised to knit Nina, so it could be ready for when she comes over next month. 2 hours made for a LOT of knitting time, and was plenty of time for me to fall completely in love with the yarn.
The yarn is Rowan's silk twist which I got at half-price as it's being discontinued. I wish I had bought more, because it is SO soft and lovely! I sent a photo to Nina and commented that I wish it was possible to send texture as well, because it's yummy! Looks like there may be a bit left over, so hopefully there'll be enough for a headband for myself after all ;)
And finally - something I thought would be an FO but which foiled me at the very end. This last week I've frogged one hat and lost another, so I figured it was time to knit one out of some super-chunky yarn I had left over. Unfortunately I did not
have much luck with the patterns I found. I wanted to knit top-down so I could make use of as much yarn as possible. The first pattern had me increase to 48sts - much too small. The second pattern had me increase to 72sts - much too big! Rather than starting all over again, I've decided to rip back 6-8 rows decrease back down to 58sts and then try with a k1p1 brim... hopefully that'll do the trick.
Because I do love the yarn :)